Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH net-next v4 03/28] net: mdio: ipq8064: enlarge sleep after read/write operation

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 08:53:58 -0700

On 5/7/2021 5:28 PM, Ansuel Smith wrote:
> With the use of the qca8k dsa driver, some problem arised related to
> port status detection. With a load on a specific port (for example a
> simple speed test), the driver starts to behave in a strange way and
> garbage data is produced. To address this, enlarge the sleep delay and
> address a bug for the reg offset 31 that require additional delay for
> this specific reg.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Ansuel Smith <[email-masked]>

Reviewed-by: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>

I am still curious whether the problem is that you have lots of traffic
going through the same bus fabric (AXI?) and that eventually puts the
register accesses to a lower priority to get through. We would most
likely need someone from QCA to tell if this is even remotely a
possibility and this is unlikely to happen.
-- 
Florian