Subject: WARNING in rfkill_alloc

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 14:37:38 -0800

Hello,

syzkaller hit the following crash on  
6bd39bc3da0f4a301fae69c4a32db2768f5118be
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/master
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
.config is attached
Raw console output is attached.
C reproducer is attached
syzkaller reproducer is attached. See https://goo.gl/kgGztJ
for information about syzkaller reproducers

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for  
details.
If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.

RBP: 000000000000004a R08: 0000000000000001 R09: 0000000000000034
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00007ffe2d4c85d0
R13: 0000000000000048 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 3655 at net/rfkill/core.c:930 rfkill_alloc+0x2c0/0x380  
net/rfkill/core.c:930
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...

CPU: 1 PID: 3655 Comm: syzkaller881442 Not tainted 4.15.0-rc7+ #187
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  panic+0x1e4/0x41c kernel/panic.c:183
  __warn+0x1dc/0x200 kernel/panic.c:547
  report_bug+0x211/0x2d0 lib/bug.c:184
  fixup_bug.part.11+0x37/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:178
  fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:247 [inline]
  do_error_trap+0x2d7/0x3e0 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:296
  do_invalid_op+0x1b/0x20 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:315
  invalid_op+0x22/0x40 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:1079
RIP: 0010:rfkill_alloc+0x2c0/0x380 net/rfkill/core.c:930
RSP: 0018:ffff8801bb9b6a60 EFLAGS: 00010293
RAX: ffff8801bb4a8540 RBX: 1ffff10037736d50 RCX: ffffffff855c85c0
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: ffff8801c3150900 RDI: ffff8801c31502e8
RBP: ffff8801bb9b6b08 R08: ffff8801c31502c0 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffff8801c31502d8
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: dffffc0000000000 R15: 0000000000000001
  wiphy_new_nm+0x159c/0x21d0 net/wireless/core.c:487
  ieee80211_alloc_hw_nm+0x4b4/0x2140 net/mac80211/main.c:531
  mac80211_hwsim_new_radio+0x220/0x2b90  
drivers/net/wireless/mac80211_hwsim.c:2486
  hwsim_new_radio_nl+0x5b7/0x7c0 drivers/net/wireless/mac80211_hwsim.c:3157
  genl_family_rcv_msg+0x7b7/0xfb0 net/netlink/genetlink.c:599
  genl_rcv_msg+0xb2/0x140 net/netlink/genetlink.c:624
  netlink_rcv_skb+0x224/0x470 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2441
  genl_rcv+0x28/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:635
  netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1308 [inline]
  netlink_unicast+0x4c4/0x6b0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1334
  netlink_sendmsg+0xa4a/0xe60 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1897
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:630 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg+0xca/0x110 net/socket.c:640
  ___sys_sendmsg+0x767/0x8b0 net/socket.c:2020
  __sys_sendmsg+0xe5/0x210 net/socket.c:2054
  SYSC_sendmsg net/socket.c:2065 [inline]
  SyS_sendmsg+0x2d/0x50 net/socket.c:2061
  entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x23/0x9a
RIP: 0033:0x4404e9
RSP: 002b:00007ffe2d4c85c8 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 0000000000000001 RCX: 00000000004404e9
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020b3dfc8 RDI: 0000000000000049
RBP: 000000000000004a R08: 0000000000000001 R09: 0000000000000034
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00007ffe2d4c85d0
R13: 0000000000000048 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000000
Dumping ftrace buffer:
    (ftrace buffer empty)
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
Direct all questions to [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is  
merged
into any tree, please reply to this email with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title
If you want to test a patch for this bug, please reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch
and provide the patch inline or as an attachment.
To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
#syz invalid
Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug  
report.
Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.