Subject: [patch 2.6.14-rc4 3/3] Documentation: add sk98lin to the feature-removal-schedule

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:31:00 -0400

The sk98lin and skge drivers cover the same set of hardware, yet the
sk98lin driver is barely maintained.  This patch schedules sk98lin
for removal early next year.

Signed-off-by: John W. Linville <[email-masked]>
---

 Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt |    9 +++++++++
 1 files changed, 9 insertions(+)

diff --git a/Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt b/Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt
--- a/Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt
+++ b/Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt
@@ -95,3 +95,12 @@ Why:	This interface has been obsoleted b
 	to link against API-compatible library on top of libnfnetlink_queue 
 	instead of the current 'libipq'.
 Who:	Harald Welte <[email-masked]>
+
+---------------------------
+
+What:	sk98lin driver
+When:	April 2006
+Why:	This driver has been essentially unmaintained for some time.
+	Internally it is a mess, and the original authors are unwilling to
+	correct it.  Now the skge driver covers all the same hardware.
+Who:	John W. Linville <[email-masked]>