Subject: Re: raw ipv6 broken in 2.4.19

From: Martin Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Aug 2002 13:32:36 +0200

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 06:04, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hello!
> 
> > It seems to be the tulip driver,
> 
> Apparently, it corrupts IPv6 packets. I have seen this bug,
> it was cured by tuning pci settings in bios setup to be more conservative.
> The most intersting thing was that only ICMP IPv6 were corrupted. :-)

Eek!

I have this problem in two machines, one SMP and one UP, both with
i440BX chipset. I've tried setting the BIOS settings as conservative as
possible in one machine but it didn't help. Will try the other one a
little later.

I've heard something about a PCI posting bug in the tulip hardware?
could this have anything to do with that?

> > attaching them, the tcpdump looked perfectly normal to me.
> 
> I do not think so, packets should have wrong checksum.

I've attached a small dump. captured while trying to ping an OpenBSD
machine.

I also found that ping6 -s 37 and lower works fine but -s 38 and higher
doesn't.

-- 
/Martin

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat
you with experience.