Subject: Re: ipv6 stack seems to forget to send ACKs

From: Mika Liljeberg <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Jan 2003 00:12:33 +0200

Hi Wichert,

Looking at your trace it seems that the receiving machine is dropping
all packets that do not have traffic class set. Note that all segments
received with [class 0x2] get properly acked. The others probably don't
get to TCP at all. You might want to check your filters and QoS
policies.

BR,

	MikaL

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 19:01, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
> > I seem to be getting better results than you, i think that it is not an
> > issue of ipv6 implementation but simply the case of time sensitive
> > traffic fighting with other Internet traffic over tunnels through ipv4
> > networks.
> 
> Actually, I don't follow this. How could any kind of traffic shaping
> result in my client not sending ACKs, which is what the tcpdump
> seems to indicate? I can understand packets being dropped which
> would result in retransmits, but that is not the case here.
> 
> Wichert.
> 
> (usual I'm-no-network-guru-and-might-be-misreading-things disclaimer here)