Subject: Re: [PATCH] batman-adv: fix DAT purge use-after-free on teardown

From: Sven Eckelmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2026 16:18:05 +0200

On Tuesday, 26 May 2026 15:56:58 CEST 박수완 / 학생 / 컴퓨터공학부 wrote:
> Hi Sven,
> 
> You're right. I re-examined __cancel_work_sync() and confirmed that it
> internally disables the work before flushing, so the re-queue race I
> described does not exist. I'll withdraw this patch.
> 
> Thanks for the review.

But you said that this was reported by syzkaller. I can't find the report in 
the official list [1]. I am guessing you have a reproducer in a private 
instance and tested with it. And if you tested your patch with it, you have 
found that your patch fixes it, right?

Can you give us more information about this to let us figure out what is 
actually going on?

Regards,
	Sven

[1] https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream/s/batman