Subject: Re: [PATCH][BLUETOOTH] kill bt_sock_alloc

From: Marcel Holtmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:51:03 +0100

Hi Arnaldo,

> > > Looks good to me. Marcel I'd suggest for you to apply this patch.
> > > It helps in reducing overall size of the socket structures.
> > 
> > I didn't got the time to review and test it. Will do that next week.
> 
> OK, take your time, but the changes are rather small, I left renaming
> all the _pinfo (l2cap_pinfo, for instance) to _sock (for consistency
> with all the other net families) to keep the patch small. 

the patch is fine so far, but you forgot to change cmtp/sock.c. Please
do this and resend it.

Send a second patch on top this one which is doing the renaming from
*_pinfo to *_sock. I am fine with the renaming, but I like to have this
in two separate patches.

> For now I'll work on doing this same change to the HAM radio protocols,
> coordinating with Ralf Baechle and then wait for your comments to finally
> kill sk_protinfo and move on to introduce struct connection_sock.

When doing this, please split these changes into patches for
net/bluetooth/, net/bluetooth/rfcomm/ and net/bluetooth/*/.

Regards

Marcel