Subject: Re: [2.6 patch] net/bluetooth/: possible cleanups

From: Marcel Holtmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 15:28:30 +0200

Hi Adrian,

> This patch contains the following possible cleanups:
> - #ifdef HCI_DATA_DUMP the following function:
>   lib.c: bt_dump
> - #if 0 the following unused global functions:
>   - hci_core.c: hci_suspend_dev
>   - hci_core.c: hci_resume_dev
> - remove the following unneeded EXPORT_SYMBOL's:
>   - hci_core.c: hci_dev_get
>   - hci_core.c: hci_send_cmd
>   - hci_event.c: hci_si_event
> 
> Please review which of these changes do make sense and which conflict 
> with pending patches.

I like to let hci_suspend_dev() and hci_resume_dev() stay for now. No
driver uses it, but actually nobody really looked deep enough to really
understand the needs for suspend of Bluetooth devices.

The hci_dev_get(), hci_send_cmd() and hci_si_event() doesn't need to be
exported. And I think that the bt_dump() and and BT_DMP() stuff can be
removed completely.

Please redo the patch and actually it is enough to copy the bluez-devel
mailing list. I will take care of getting it back into mainline.

Regards

Marcel

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: NEC IT Guy Games.
Get your fingers limbered up and give it your best shot. 4 great events, 4
opportunities to win big! Highest score wins.NEC IT Guy Games. Play to
win an NEC 61 plasma display. Visit http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20