Subject: Re: [0/5] Improvements to the ieee80211 layer

From: Zhu Yi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:36:20 +0800

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 13:20 +0200, Jiri Benc wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 14:55:16 +0800, Zhu Yi wrote:
> > Do you just clean up current ieee80211 code to still do 802.11 <-> 802.3
> > conversion inside the driver or you plan to handle real 802.11 frames in
> > the stack like this?
> > http://oss.sgi.com/archives/netdev/2005-03/msg01405.html
> 
> We are trying to handle real 802.11 frames. Have you made any progress
> in your work since posting that patch? If so, could you please post it
> to netdev (or to us)?

No much progress since that. I planned to add a new type SOCK_80211 to
PF_PACKET domain, so that user space can send packets through the 80211
stack but don't need to build 802.11 headers themselves. This can be
used by programs like wpa_supplicant. Do you know some better way to do
this?

Thanks,
-yi