Subject: Re: [PATCH] reduce netfilte sk_buff enlargement

From: Marcel Holtmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 03:36:20 +0200

Hi David,

> > I found the problem. The hci_usb is using the cb[] by itself and so
> > overwriting the pkt_type value. The attached patch works for me with the
> > hci_usb driver. However I haven't converted all other drivers and
> > checked them. This won't happen until I am back home, because I don't
> > have any of these devices with me around. However it looks like this
> > seems to work without any problems.
> 
> Great.  I'll wait until you get back and code up an updated
> patch that takes care of all of the drivers.

actually the patch is ready by now and hci_usb and hci_vhci are tested.
The tests for the other drivers have to wait at least until first week
of August. However since it seems to work even with 2.6.13-rc3, I don't
see any reason to wait with the inclusion. If you are serious with the
shrinking of the sk_buff, I can send you the final patch along with my
pending patches for 2.6.13.

Regards

Marcel