Subject: Re: [Fastboot] Re: Re: tg3: issue for reboot/kexec

From: Khalid Aziz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:06:05 -0600

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 12:42 -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Khalid Aziz <[email-masked]> writes:
> > As soon as I have all the issues sorted out with kexec'ing on INIT on
> > ia64, I will post a fully updated kexec patch for ia64. I now have kexec
> > working solid on INIT with e1000 driver and it can handle multiple back
> > to back INITs and come up in kexec'd kernel every time. I am now trying
> > to sort some issues out with tg3 driver (another driver with no shutdown
> > routine :(
> 
> In the normal case (not kexec on panic) user space should down the interfaces
> before calling kexec.  Is your user space doing that?

Yes, I am down'ing the interface from userspace in normal kexec case,
but that does not happen on INIT on ia64. 

-- 
Khalid

====================================================================
Khalid Aziz                       Open Source and Linux Organization
(970)898-9214                                        Hewlett-Packard
[email-masked]                                  Fort Collins, CO

"The Linux kernel is subject to relentless development" 
                                - Alessandro Rubini