Subject: [patch 5] softmac: report when scanning has finished

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:41:28 +0200

Make softmac report a scan event when scanning has finished, that way
userspace can wait for the event to happen instead of polling for the
results.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>

---
This patch depends on the previous patch 4. If you want, I can resend
the whole series with proper patch x/5 headers etc. I don't know if
these can still go in before .17, but it'd be very good if they could,
they're essentially bug fixes for things I either didn't know or just
plain bugs :)

Index: wireless-2.6/net/ieee80211/softmac/ieee80211softmac_event.c
===================================================================
--- wireless-2.6.orig/net/ieee80211/softmac/ieee80211softmac_event.c	2006-04-13 02:42:59.000000000 +0200
+++ wireless-2.6/net/ieee80211/softmac/ieee80211softmac_event.c	2006-04-13 11:30:59.896998787 +0200
@@ -152,6 +152,12 @@
 			wrqu.ap_addr.sa_family = ARPHRD_ETHER;
 			we_event = SIOCGIWAP;
 			break;
+		case IEEE80211SOFTMAC_EVENT_SCAN_FINISHED:
+			wrqu.data.length = 0;
+			wrqu.data.flags = 0;
+			memset(&wrqu, '\0', sizeof (union iwreq_data));
+			we_event = SIOCGIWSCAN;
+			break;
 		default:
 			msg = event_descriptions[event];
 			wrqu.data.length = strlen(msg);