Subject: Re: IP1000 gigabit nic driver

From: Pekka Enberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:26:11 +0300

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 14:21 +0200, David Gómez wrote:
> > I already had it modified, just needed to create the patch... Anyway,
> > have you submitted it to netdev?

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 23:35 +0300, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> No, I haven't. I don't have the hardware, so I can't test the driver.
> Furthermore, there's plenty of stuff to fix before it's in any shape for
> submission. If someone wants to give this patch a spin, I would love to
> hear the results.

I killed the I/O write/read macros and switched the driver to iomap.

			Pekka

Subject: [PATCH] IP1000 Gigabit Ethernet device driver

This is a cleaned up fork of the IP1000A device driver:

  <http://www.icplus.com.tw/driver-pp-IP1000A.html>

Open issues include but are not limited to:

  - ipg_probe() looks really fishy and doesn't handle all errors
    (e.g. ioremap failing).
  - ipg_nic_do_ioctl() is playing games with user-space pointer.
    We should use ethtool ioctl instead as suggested by Arjan.
  - For multiple devices, the driver uses a global root_dev and
    ipg_remove() play some tricks which look fishy.

I don't have the hardware, so I don't know if I broke anything.
The patch is 138 KB in size, so I am not including it in this
mail. You can find the patch here:

  http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/penberg/linux/ip1000-driver.patch

Signed-off-by: Pekka Enberg <[email-masked]>