Subject: Re: pktgen patch available for perusal.

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 07:32:12 -0500

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 11:11 -0800, Ben Greear wrote:

> I'd be thrilled to have the receive logic go into pktgen, even if 
> it was #if 0 with a comment
> showing how to patch dev.c to get it working.  It would make my 
> out-of-tree patch smaller
> and should help others who are doing research and driver development...
> 

I use pktgen extensively these days for ipsec testing. I also record
stats for pkts i receive using a tc action drop. Very simple and works
great.  
Ben, you keep insisting on doing this hook (every 3 months) because you
dont want to invest time to do it with netlink (I thought you sold this
as part of your product - the investment of your time is really not that
high). If you tell me what the packet trigger is, I will send you a
script ;->

Robert, I have started writing some generic netlink messaging to replace
the /proc that i will send your way. I need to get consensus on some
tunnel-mode IPSEC patches first then i will send the about three
patchsets your way (to replace the old ones i sent earlier).

cheers,
jamal