Subject: Re: [patch 1/2]d80211: hardware TKIP support for ipw3945

From: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:25:01 +0100

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 10:22 +0800, Hong Liu wrote:
> Resend the patch according to Johannes's comments.

Thanks :)

> Still put he tkip_key in tx_control structure.

Having the tkip_key in there is actually pretty bad for when/if we want
to push the tx_control into skb->cb (possibly combined with some header
or whatever). I don't think that has been decided on yet, will be a
large change anyway and this helps a lot so :)

Instead of putting all this into the stack, however, I think we could
make those drivers that require it do the bookkeeping and export
ieee80211_tkip_gen_phase1key and ieee80211_tkip_gen_rc4key for their
use. Maybe that's too much against Jiri's doctrine of "be easy on
drivers" though :)

This might actually also go some way towards unification with ipw2x00's
ieee80211 because those drivers require such functions as well as far as
I know. Haven't looked too deeply though.

johannes