Subject: RFC: XFRM changing the view of xfrm_aevent_id

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 09:37:52 -0500

while trying to patch iproute2 to display the xfrm aevents i came to the
conclusion that the xfrm_aevent_id struct didnt provide enough info
for me to uniquely identify an SA.
I need two other items: the reqid and saddr.

The structure currently looks like

struct xfrm_aevent_id {
        struct xfrm_usersa_id           sa_id;
        __u32                           flags;
};

I could add the two items mentioned above in it and break the ABI.
This may sound dangerous, but the usage of this ABI is not widespread.
AFAIK, the only other person who might have used this is Kristzian (on
CC).

If this is considered evil, then i will transfer the two items in
a new TLV but it wont be as pretty.

Thoughts?

cheers,
jamal