Subject: RE: [PATCH 4/6] d80211: add IEEE802.11e/WMM Traffic Stream (TS) Management support

From: Zhu Yi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:19:12 +0800

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 21:45 -0800, Simon Barber wrote:
> This policing of media time must be done in the qdisc - and made to
> work
> per DA (Destination Address) - in order that AP mode will work as well
> as STA mode. In addition the count of used time should be updated
> AFTER
> the frame has been sent, not before, since the number of retries done
> cannot be taken into account before. These MUST be counted.
> 
> The API to the qdisc should be via TC - not cfg80211 or other. 

This is a good idea, but I have to think it more.

AFAIK, tc works on the host side. For the TS management case, how about
user makes a taffic stream request but the AP refuses it (or allowes the
request but the medium_time is changed), there has to be a way for tc to
get this information.

Thanks,
-yi