Subject: Re: [take28-resend_1->0 0/8] kevent: Generic event handling mechanism.

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:21:07 -0500

On Thu, 2006-21-12 at 17:04 +0300, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:

> I modified world-wide used web server lighttpd and ran a lot of tests
> with it (compared to epoll version with major performance win).
> 
> I was asked yesterday by Jan Kneschke (lighttpd main developer) if
> kevent API is ready so he could include my patch into mainline lighttpd 
> tree, but I answered 'I do not know if kevent will be or not included, 
> everyone keeps silence'.
> 

Ok, so you are building the momentum then. People like Jan are the users
of such API and should be speaking up. Then kernel people will be forced
to look at it.

> I just do not know _what_ else should be done not even for inclusion - 
> but at least for some progress.

I know you are frustrated but stop doing the above like a broken vinyl
record, it doesnt help your case. 

> You want libevent to be patched? Its site is currently down, but ok, I
> will create a patch.
> 

I promise in 2 weeks to migrate an app or two that i have that use
libevent to your version if you have it by then. I will then test and
give you my opinion. 

cheers,
jamal