Subject: Re: s390 allmodconfig

From: Martin Schwidefsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:48:03 +0100

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 12:11 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 03:06 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > s390 is weird ;)   There's no way it'll support any of the hardware which you're
> > working on (until they release the s390 laptop).  So all we really want to
> > do here is to avoid breaking s390 allmodconfig.

Well, I would not say "weird" but different. None of the usual device
attachments is present on a s390. That includes memory mapped i/o (!).

> Alright. I think we'll probably have to make bcm43xx and b44 depend on
> SSB instead of selecting it like the LED trigger stuff below.
> 
> But I don't see why s390 can't include hw random, led trigger or even
> hid, those are all software features afaict.

True. I'm still sitting on a couple of patches that make s390 use the
standard drivers/Kconfig. The downside of these patches is that I have
to add a lot of "depends on !S390" all over the place.

> > OK, I'll try that, thanks.
> 
> Not that it'll actually help get the compile through... bcm43xx will
> drop fail and bluetooth probably as well.

No bcm43xx, no bluetooth on s390..

-- 
blue skies,
  Martin.

Martin Schwidefsky
Linux for zSeries Development & Services
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin.