Subject: Re: [PATCH][XFRM] SAD info TLV aggregation

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 09:01:56 -0400

On Thu, 2007-03-05 at 02:15 +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> 
> I think using attributes here

"here" as in SAD or SPD as well?

>  wasn't a bad idea since this exports
> things that are implementation details and might need to be changed
> or extended at some point.

I think it may be reasonable to group the Hash info in one TLV
and the IPSEC specific info in a separate TLV - is this what you are
saying? Be explicit so i dont have to redo the patch over and over.
The other way to look at it is in the future, a new TLV could be added
that replaces the current one.

> In any case consistent naming here would be nice (SAD_ vs. SADXXX).

yes, i need to make this change on the SPD as well. Dave hold onto both
patches - i will resend.

cheers,
jamal