Subject: Re: Network activity LED trigger

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:27:28 -0400

On Thu, 2007-10-05 at 21:21 +0200, Florian Fainelli wrote:

> Netdev people can probably comment on the place of ledtrig_network_activity(), 
> which is probably not adequate. Also the ledtrig_network_activity can be 
> network device specific for instance.

Thanks for CCing me Florian.
Yes, ledtrig_network_activity() should be device specific - given the
spot you have it at. Just pass dev->name for example and filter on
whether the user wanted that specific device.

Additionaly is there a way to sort of light different colors depending
whether it is an incoming packet or outgoing?
Then you can pass a hook number OUT in the case where you have
ledtrig_network_activity() at the moment. This way we can add
multiple hooks within the network stack.
I dont remember the original patches you posted, but could you have 
multiple LEDs as well?

cheers,
jamal