Subject: Re: [PATCH][RFC] network splice receive

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 08:34:54 -0400

On Tue, 2007-05-06 at 14:20 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:

> > 
> > 0000 1800 4ff3 937f e000 6381 7275 0008
> > 
> > Perhaps that hex pattern rings a bell with someone intimate with the
> > networking. The remaining wrong bytes don't seem to have anything in
> > common.
> 
> Ok, the source mac address is 00:18:F3:4F:7F:93 and the destination is
> 00:E0:81:63:75:72 which are the middle 12 bytes of the 16.
> 

It appears you may have endianness issues and perhaps a 16 bit
mis-offset. the 0008 at the end looks like a swapped 0x800 which
is the ethernet type for IPV4.

> Hope that helps someone clue me in as to which network part is reusing
> the data. Do I need to 'pin' the sk_buff until the pipe data has been
> consumed?

I would worry about the driver level first - likely thats where your
corruption is.

cheers,
jamal