Subject: Re: [WIP][PATCHES] Network xmit batching

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 07:43:49 -0400

On Thu, 2007-07-06 at 11:46 +0530, Krishna Kumar2 wrote:
> My somewhat confusing netperf script (to run on client) is attached below.
> Server just requires
> to run netserver. Client is not completely accurate since I am not using
> netperf4 (moving to
> that after some initial hiccups).

Thanks KK.
Folks, we need help. Please run this on different hardware. Evgeniy, i
thought this kind of stuff excites you, no? ;-> (wink, wink).
Only the sender needs the patch but the receiver must be a more powerful
machine (so that it is not the bottleneck).
A very interesting test will be say 10K flows serving different packet
sizes to simulate a busy server.

I realized i cant really run the sort of tests KK is running because i
dont have the second machine. With pktgen i have an easy way out because
i can drop all the packets on the receiver and just count them (whereas
netperf requires end 2 end semantics).

cheers,
jamal