Subject: Re: [PATCH] NET: Multiqueue network device support.

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 06:49:35 -0400

Hello Yi,

On Fri, 2007-15-06 at 09:27 +0800, Zhu Yi wrote:

> 1. driver becomes complicated (as it is too elaborate in the queue
> wakeup strategies design)

I am not sure i see the complexity in the wireless driver's wakeup
strategy. I just gave some suggestions to use management frames - they
dont have to be literally that way.

> 2. duplicated code among drivers (otherwise you put all the queue
> management logics in a new layer?)

There will be some shared code on drivers of same media on the
netif_stop/wake strategy perhaps, but not related to queue management. 

> 3. it's not 100% accurate. there has to be some overhead, more or less
> depends on the queue wakeup strategy the driver selected.

Why is it not accurate for wireless? I can see the corner case Patrick
mentioned in wired ethernet but then wired ethernet doesnt have other
events such as management frames (actually DCE does) to help. 

cheers,
jamal