Subject: Re: Fwd: [PATCH] [-mm] ACPI: export ACPI events via netlink

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:01:22 -0400

On Fri, 2007-15-06 at 09:01 +0800, Zhang Rui wrote:

> > I dont have much time to look at your code given travel, but did you
> > try to use your group id instead of the controller's?
> > i.e:
> > rtnl_open_byproto(&rth, nl_mgrp(mydiscoveredacpiid), NETLINK_GENERIC)
> > 
> Yes. It doesn't work if I use my group id here.
> In fact, I'm using rtnl_open_byproto(&rth, 1, NETLINK_GENERIC) now.
> That's why I said that this demo receives all the broadcasted genetlink
> messages.

Ok, by inspection (sorry, still dont have much time) - your kernel code
is sending to group 1; i.e

genlmsg_multicast(skb, 0, 1, GFP_ATOMIC);

you need to change that to send to your assigned id, i.e:
genlmsg_multicast(skb, 0, acpi_event_genl_family.id, GFP_ATOMIC);

then the user space code will work. I should be able to look at it if it
doesnt work by end of week.

cheers,
jamal