Subject: e1000: backport ich9 support from 7.5.5 ?

From: Mark McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:29:18 +0100

Hi Auke,
	I understand there is some delay in getting e1000-7.5.5 into the
upstream kernel given the major re-working of the chipset specific
parts.

	I wonder would it be feasible in the meantime to backport the ich9
support and push it upstream?

	A first-cut at the backport is attached. Note, this patch applies
against latest netdev-2.6-git, but I haven't actually tested this
version of the patch beyond compiling. A similar patch against 2.6.18
worked fine with some light testing.

Thanks,
Mark.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/

_______________________________________________
E1000-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/e1000-devel