Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] tg3: Tx availability fix

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:14:40 -0400

Matt,

I have applied both changes (and updated the git tree) with a small
caveat on the second patch:

On Thu, 2007-05-07 at 17:59 -0700, Matt Carlson wrote:

> The last change makes sure that new xmit_win values, as assigned by the
> transmit queue wake code, will not be drastically larger than the value
> set during initialization.

I have left out the above change i.e i kept it as
dev->xmit_win = tp->tx_pending

If you dont mind lets keep it that way for now so we dont introduce any
new variables. i.e. thats how i have been testing and collecting
results. 
If you run some tests and come up with better results by using a /4 i
would be more than happy to add it back.

Thanks very much for all your efforts - Broadcom rocks.

cheers,
jamal