Subject: Re: [RFC] IP_RECVERRC

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:30:12 -0400

On Fri, 2007-10-08 at 16:02 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 09:35:12AM -0400, jamal wrote:

> Affected in what way? 

They dont get errors back and they just keep sending even in the
presence of errors - take a look at ip_push_pending_frames. I have been
struggling initially to unconditionally mod that part, but it may break
certain apps expectations.

> > If you set that option though you end up getting all these skbs back
> 
> IP_RECVERR just delivers ICMPs. Do you mean those with "all these skbs" ?

yes - sorry thats what i meant; the app has to do a recvmsg to grab them

> > to the app which i see as unnecessary work if i am uninterested. I would
> > like to not do a recvmsg to find out what those messages are - rather
> > just receiving any errors back.
> > My proposal is to add another option which is mutually exclusive with
> > IP_RECVERR that allows for errors only.
> 
> What ICMPs do you not want? 

All.

cheers,
jamal