Subject: [ofa-general] Re: [DOC] Net batching driver howto

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:28:26 -0400

On Tue, 2007-25-09 at 13:16 -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:54:19 -0400 jamal wrote:
> 
> > I have updated the driver howto to match the patches i posted yesterday.
> > attached. 
> 
> Thanks for sending this.

Thank you for reading it Randy. 

> This is an early draft, right?

Its a third revision - but you could call it early. When it is done, i
will probably put a pointer to it in some patch.

> I'll fix some typos etc. in it (patch attached) and add some whitespace.
> Please see RD: in the patch for more questions/comments.

Thanks, will do and changes will show up in the next update.

> IMO it needs some changes to eliminate words like "we", "you",
> and "your" (words that personify code).  Those words are OK
> when talking about yourself.

The narrative intent is supposed to be i (or someone doing the
description) sitting there with a pen and paper and maybe a laptop and
walking through the details with someone who needs to understand those
details. If you think it is important to make it formal, then by all
means be my guest.

Again, thanks for taking the time.

cheers,
jamal