Subject: Removing DAD in IPv6

From: Xia Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:53:27 +0800

Hi all,

I am new to this list, so please forgive me if I say anything
inappropriate.

I am working on a mobility testbed based on IPv6. In order to improve
the performance, I would like to remove the DAD process during the
auto-configuration process of an IPv6 address for my testbed. 

During my experiment, I observed that when an address is configured
based on a router advertisement, the outgoing packets can be sent out
immediately. But the packets destined to local node can only be received
after some time (about 1 sec). I found the lost packets are discarded in
the kernel and never make it to the transport layer. I suspect it is
caused by the DAD process.

I would like to ask for help on how to remove or disable the DAD process
properly, as long as the node can send, receive and forward packets
immediately after a new IPv6 address is generated. Any pointer is
appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards,

Xia Yang