Subject: Re: duplicated u32 filters in tc show output

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 12:43:19 -0400

On Sat, 2007-06-10 at 18:40 +0530, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
> The HTB user guide (http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/manual/userg.htm)
> says the following:
> 
>     Note: The U32 classifier has an undocumented design bug which causes
>     duplicate entries to be listed by "tc filter show" when you use U32
>     classifiers with different prio values.
> 
> What exactly is this bug? (I'm seeing its effects, i.e. the duplicates,
> and it's making my life a little difficult while trying to parse the tc
> output.)

If it is the bug i think it is - then it was fixed a long time ago; the
doc you are referencing seemed to be dated. 
Try a newer kernel if you are not and if it still persists, send the
simplest setup you have that causes duplicates.

cheers,
jamal