Subject: Re: [PATCH][E1000E] some cleanups

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:29:41 -0400

On Mon, 2007-08-10 at 15:40 -0700, Kok, Auke wrote:

> 
> My biggest problem with the patch as you sent it that it's a tonload of changes
> and no implicit benefit immediately as I can see. 

The patch looks scary but is pretty tame when you apply it and stare at
it.

> I would really have to see the
> LLTX change as well to make a wellfounded decision whether it is the right thing
> to go and overhaul this part of the driver or not :)
> 
> I'm not particularly against the changes per se though.
> 
> so please, if needed offlist send me those LLTX changes as well.

Dont worry about it - i didnt get any love for a similar patch i did for
tg3 either ;-> I will hold onto it for now. I could do the un-LLTX
outside of this - would you like that for both e1000/e1000e ?

cheers,
jamal