Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH 0/3][XFRM]: Support packet processing error statistics.

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:28:11 -0400

On Mon, 2007-22-10 at 15:11 +0900, Masahide NAKAMURA wrote:
> This patch introduces statistics about transformation error (or almost error)
> factor at packet processing for developer.
> It is not a SNMP/MIB specification from IPsec/MIPv6 but a counter
> designed from current transformation source code.
> 
> Comment please.

very nice - these stats make IPSEC a lot more usable (I will go look and
see if theres anything that i have used for debug before that you dont
have and send you mail). Two comments:

1) Since these are not MIB stats, it sounds like a good idea not to use
_MIB_ extender in the naming. Maybe something like _NOTMIB_ ;-> or
totaly leave it out. One other approach is to push these to be a MIB at
IETF since they are sensible to have.

2) Why /proc? Are you going to make these available also via netlink? 

cheers,
jamal