Subject: Re: [BUG] New Kernel Bugs

From: Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:17:23 +0100

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 12:50 -0500, Mark Lord wrote:
> Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> > for example git-bisect was godsent. I remember that years ago bisection 
> > of a bug was a very laborous task so that it was only used as a final, 
> > last-ditch approach for really nasty bugs. Today we can autonomouly 
> > bisect build bugs via a simple shell command around "git-bisect run", 
> > without any human interaction! This freed up testing resources 
> ...
> 
> It's only a godsend for the few people who happen to be kernel developers
> and who happen to already use git.
> 
> It's a 540MByte download over a slow link for everyone else.

Oh, common. Leeching CDs is so yesterday. These days some distributions
don't even offer CDs anymore in favour of DVDs.

I'd be amazed if a lot of the testers would still be on slownet, its
impossible to keep up with the latest distros without broadband.