Subject: Re: Please pull 'upstream-jgarzik' branch of wireless-2.6

From: Zhu Yi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:24:49 +0800

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 18:40 -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945-base.c: In function 
> ‘iwl3945_alive_start’:
> drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945-base.c:6285: error: implicit 
> declaration of function ‘iwl_rate_control_unregister’
> make[4]: *** [drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl3945-base.o] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [drivers/net/wireless] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
> make: *** [drivers] Error 2

We changed the namespace between 2.6.24 and upstream. So
iwl_rate_control_unregister should be renamed to
iwl3945_rate_control_unregister when the patch is merged from
fix-jgarzik to upstream-jgarzik. The same thing is also for
iwl4965_rate_control_unregister.

> I'll leave it there and assume that you will send a fix --on top of-- 
> netdev#upstream ...

I assume John will do it.

Thanks,
-yi