Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] NET: Clone the sk_buff->iif field properly

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 06:23:22 -0500

On Thu, 2008-03-01 at 10:58 +0100, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> On 02-01-2008 17:01, Paul Moore wrote:

> > This patch is needed by some of the labeled networking changes proposed for
> > 2.6.25, does anyone have any objections?
> 
> Probably Jamal could be the most interested (added to CC):
> 

Gracias Jarek.
Paul, (out of curiosity more than anything) what are the circumstances
of the cloned skb - are you going to reinject it back at some point?

I cant think of any good reason why iif shouldnt be copied - thats how
its been from the begining (dammit;->). The reason it hasnt mattered so
far is everything that needs to write the iif never copied (refer to 
Documentation/networking/tc-actions-env-rules.txt). For correctness i
think it should be copied. So no objections;
The better patch would be to just put it in skb_clone and remove it from
tc_act_clone.

cheers,
jamal