Subject: Re: TG3 network data corruption regression 2.6.24/2.6.23.4

From: "Michael Chan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:32:00 -0800

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 17:41 -0500, Tony Battersby wrote:
> I am experiencing network data corruption with a 3Com 3C996B-T NIC
> (Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5701; driver tg3.ko).  I have identified the
> following patch as the trigger:

Assuming this problem is unique to the 5701, I'm not sure how it is
exposed by Herbert's patch.  One thing unique on the 5701 is that it
double-copies all RX packets so that the data starts at offset 2, but
that's quite unrelated to the patch below.

> 
> commit fb93134dfc2a6e6fbedc7c270a31da03fce88db9
> Author: Herbert Xu <[email-masked]>
> Date:   Wed Nov 14 15:45:21 2007 -0800
> 
>     [TCP]: Fix size calculation in sk_stream_alloc_pskb
>    
> 

> I do not get data corruption when substituting a SysKonnect 9D21 NIC
> (which also uses the tg3.ko driver)

What Broadcom chip is on the Syskonnect card?