Subject: Re: Realtek 8111c weirdness problems, apic/msi, and normal bug

From: Kasper Sandberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:06:56 +0200

I've got more information again. This is dmesg, and /proc/interrupts
from a livecd (systemrescuecd), its a .23.14, and only 1 nic works (the
one that doesent work on .25 noapic/msi), the other gets detected as
fiber.. strangely enough, the link detection works on the working nic,
on .23.14.

attached are /proc/interrupts and dmesg..

oh, and this is a 64bit livecd kernel, but it appears to act the same on
the 32bit kernel on the livecd..

This, and the previous information i have given, does it give a clue as
to what may be happening here? from what i can see, it may be either
interrupts or that pci warning thingie...

it appears that on the livecd, which runs with both msi and apic, that
the ethernet controllers gets its interrupt setup with apic, whereas msi
likes to catch it on my own .25 kernel, allthough its abit weird what
happens..

If you need more information, just ask :)

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 03:11 +0200, Kasper Sandberg wrote:
> Sorry for top posting, but its just easier in this case :)
> 
<snip>
> > 
> > 
> > > > 
> > > 
> > > --
> > > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> > > the body of a message to [email-masked]
> > > More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> > > Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/
> > 
> > --
> > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> > the body of a message to [email-masked]
> > More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> > Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/