Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] [TC/U32] Infrastructure for pretty printing

From: jamal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:23:56 -0400

On Mon, 2008-21-04 at 13:52 +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> So far the dump output can be cut-and-pasted and is
> properly parsed again (useful for example for deletion).
> Does that still work with pretty printing?

great idea;-> 
It doesnt do that at the moment - all it tries to do is be equivalent to
the raw format (example the prefix "match" etc).
I think it is worth it though to try what you suggest and i will look
into it and provide an additional patch on top.
IINMistaken you are thinking of a save/restore feature?

The main challenge would be the cruft that dumps at the begining i.e the
sort of:
--
filter protocol ip pref 10 u32
filter protocol ip pref 10 u32 fh 802: ht divisor 1
filter protocol ip pref 10 u32 fh 802::800 order 2048 key ht 802 bkt 0
flowid 1:12
---

I am wondering in the case of -c if we should also go all the way and
dump just sufficient info to be able to reuse it as is to re-insert or
alternatively dump as it is today (for the lines above) and the restore
script would extract enough details out of the above.
Thoughts?

cheers,
jamal