Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A reliable kernel panic (3.6.2) and system crash when visiting a particular website

From: "Artem S. Tashkinov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 11:59:36 +0000 (GMT)

On Oct 21, 2012, Borislav Petkov wrote:
>
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 01:57:21AM +0000, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
> > The freeze happens on my *host* Linux PC. For an experiment I decided
> > to check if I could reproduce the freeze under a virtual machine - it
> > turns out the Linux kernel running under it also freezes.
>
> I know that - but a freeze != oops - at least not necessarily. Which
> means it could very well be a different issue now that vbox is gone.
>
> Or, it could be the same issue with different incarnations: with vbox
> you get the corruptions and without it, you get the freezes. I'm
> assuming you do the same flash player thing in both cases?
>
> Here's a crazy idea: can you try to reproduce it in KVM?

OK, dismiss VBox altogether - it has a very buggy USB implementation, thus
it just hangs when trying to access my webcam.

What I've found out is that my system crashes *only* when I try to enable
usb-audio (from the same webcam) - I still have no idea how to capture a
panic message, but I ran

"while :; do dmesg -c; done" in xterm, then I got like thousands of messages
and I photographed my monitor:

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/9452/panicz.jpg

list_del corruption. prev->next should be ... but was ...

I cannot show you more as I have no serial console to use :( and the kernel
doesn't have enough time to push error messages to rsyslog and fsync
/var/log/messages