Subject: Re: bnx2_poll panicking kernel

From: "Michael Chan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:26:03 -0700

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 15:00 -0700, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > This is the same crash that you originally reported.  The driver was
> > referencing a NULL SKB because the skb_shinfo(skb)->nr_frags was
> > modified on the previous packet in the TX ring.
> >
> > If you had applied my debug patch #1 that I posted several weeks ago, it
> > should have avoided this because we should have saved away the nr_frags
> > for every packet on the TX ring.
> 
> It was that same patched kernel that crashed nevertheless.
> 

That's strange.  You also saw lots of "Corrupted SKB..." dmesg as well,
right?  May be the debug patch is not bullet-proof although I cannot see
how we can still get a NULL SKB in the TX completion path.

Anyway, please try today's patch as we need to find the source of the
problem.

Thanks.