Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] tun: TUNGETIFF interface to query name and flags

From: Mark McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:02:24 +0100

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 11:58 +1000, Rusty Russell wrote:
> On Thursday 14 August 2008 00:30:16 Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > A very simple approach is attached; I did consider doing a TUNGETFLAGS
> > that would return tun->flags, but I think it's nicer to have a companion
> > to TUNGETIFF since it also allows one to query the interface name from
> > the file descriptor.
> 
> This seems really sensible to me.
> 
> If Max acks it,

How about it Max?

Trying a different email address - previous mail at:

  http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=121863813904363

> I'd say Dave should merge it.

Maybe it's too late already, but I'm really hoping to get this in
2.6.27.

Without it, the IFF_VNET_HDR goodness already added in 2.6.27 can't be
used by KVM guests created by libvirt ... which is a good chunk of the
potential users for this stuff.

Cheers,
Mark.