Subject: Re: [tbench regression fixes]: digging out smelly deadmen.

From: Mike Galbraith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 07:53:05 +0200

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 22:15 -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Mike Galbraith <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 06:05:01 +0200
> 
> > My test data indicates (to me anyway) that there is another source of
> > localhost throughput loss in .27.  In that data, there is no hrtick
> > overhead since I didn't have highres timers enabled, and computational
> > costs added in .27 were removed.  Dunno where it lives, but it does
> > appear to exist.
> 
> Disabling TSO on loopback doesn't fix that bit for you?

No.  Those numbers are with TSO/GSO disabled.

I did a manual 100% sched and everything related revert to 26 scheduler,
and had ~the same result as these numbers.  27 with 100% revert actually
performed a bit _worse_ for me than 27 with it's overhead.. which
puzzles me greatly.

	-Mike