Subject: Re: [patch 6/7] drivers/net/sfc/falcon.c: fix min() warnings

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 21:29:04 +0000

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 14:22 -0700, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
> 
> drivers/net/sfc/falcon.c: In function 'falcon_spi_write_limit':
> drivers/net/sfc/falcon.c:1679: warning: comparison of distinct pointer types lacks a cast
> drivers/net/sfc/falcon.c: In function 'falcon_spi_read':
> drivers/net/sfc/falcon.c:1720: warning: comparison of distinct pointer types lacks a cast

These were already fixed by 31b760202a0911384fa07796df9d1905e9e89a7f.

> Driver seems rather confused about types.  Try to help it.
[...]

Maybe, but in order to fix that you'll need to revert
31b760202a0911384fa07796df9d1905e9e89a7f along with making these
changes.

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings, Senior Software Engineer, Solarflare Communications
Not speaking for my employer; that's the marketing department's job.
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.