Subject: Re: pull request: wireless-2.6 2008-11-18

From: Zhu Yi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:33:14 +0800

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 11:50 +0800, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1703
> 
> and just relying on Bugzilla is not gonna be good enough. The Linux  
> kernel development has always been done via mailing lists. And while  
> there is a kernel and other Bugzillas, the main authority is still the
> mailing list. So if you wanna get massive feedback or have testing  
> patches for debugging, then these need to be posted to linux-wireless
> and not "hidden" into a Bugzilla.

This is generally true for bugs easy to debug with. But in this example,
the first reporter opened this bug 4 months ago. People usually don't
follow thread for such a long time. There are also some reporters never
show up in this ML.

> I do have a perfect environment in Vancouver that allows me to trigger
> this behavior within a few minutes. So if you really wanna debug this,
> then just send debug patches to the mailing list and I am happy to run
> such kernels.

Can you still reproduce this bug with Johannes' patch?

Thanks,
-yi