Subject: Re: [Patch] Micrel KS8695 intergrated ethernet driver

From: Daniel Silverstone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 09:29:31 +0000

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 01:05 -0800, David Miller wrote:
> > > > > +                       mapping = dma_map_single(ksp->dev, skb->data,
> > > > > +                                                MAX_RXBUF_SIZE,
> > > > > +                                                DMA_FROM_DEVICE);
> > > > I take it that dma_map_single() can never fail on ARM?
> > > No it can't. It essentially boils down to some pointer arithmetic on
> > > this platform.
> > You should check for errors anyway.  The driver might be ported to an
> > architecture where it can fail (e.g. the SOC block gets reused), ARM
> > variants may come up where it can fail, or people might use the driver
> > as an example for their own new driver.
> Agreed.

Very well, I shall sort out an ammended patch. Thanks for your help in
reviewing the code.

Regards,

Daniel.

-- 
Daniel Silverstone                              http://www.simtec.co.uk/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895