Subject: Re: [GIT PULL -tip] fix 33 make headers_check warnings

From: Jaswinder Singh Rajput <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:16:20 +0530

Hello David,

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 09:23 +1100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 23:19 +0100, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> > Nope - include/linux/dvb/audio.h failed to include linux/types.h
> > despite the fact that is uses __u32 etc.
> 
> Er, good point. I saw the <stdint.h> and assumed it was using only
> proper C types... but then it wouldn't have triggered the warning, would
> it? Too much time in tin cans and not enough sleep...
> 

Here is the list of 33  warnings this patchset solves:

  CHECK   include/linux/can (3 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/can/bcm.h:29: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
  CHECK   include/linux/dvb (8 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/dvb/audio.h:133: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/dvb/dmx.h:27: include of <linux/types.h> is preferred over <asm/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/dvb/dmx.h:90: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/dvb/frontend.h:29: include of <linux/types.h> is preferred over <asm/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/dvb/frontend.h:76: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/dvb/net.h:27: include of <linux/types.h> is preferred over <asm/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/dvb/net.h:31: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/dvb/video.h:29: include of <linux/types.h> is preferred over <asm/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/dvb/video.h:102: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
  CHECK   include/linux/hdlc (1 files)
  CHECK   include/linux/isdn (1 files)
  CHECK   include/linux/netfilter (49 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/netfilter/xt_conntrack.h:40: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
  CHECK   include/linux/netfilter_arp (2 files)
  CHECK   include/linux/netfilter_bridge (16 files)
  CHECK   include/linux/netfilter_ipv4 (46 files)
  CHECK   include/linux/netfilter_ipv6 (20 files)
  CHECK   include/linux/nfsd (6 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/nfsd/export.h:13: include of <linux/types.h> is preferred over <asm/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/nfsd/nfsfh.h:17: include of <linux/types.h> is preferred over <asm/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/nfsd/nfsfh.h:28: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/nfsd/stats.h:32: leaks CONFIG_NFSD to userspace where it is not valid
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/nfsd/syscall.h:12: include of <linux/types.h> is preferred over <asm/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/nfsd/syscall.h:104: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
  CHECK   include/linux/raid (2 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/raid/md_p.h:85: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
  CHECK   include/linux/spi (1 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/spi/spidev.h:83: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
  CHECK   include/linux/sunrpc (1 files)
  CHECK   include/linux/tc_act (6 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/tc_act/tc_gact.h:19: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/tc_act/tc_mirred.h:16: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/tc_act/tc_pedit.h:19: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
  CHECK   include/linux/tc_ematch (4 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/tc_ematch/tc_em_cmp.h:8: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/tc_ematch/tc_em_meta.h:18: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/tc_ematch/tc_em_nbyte.h:8: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/tc_ematch/tc_em_text.h:11: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
  CHECK   include/linux/usb (8 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/usb/cdc.h:50: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/linux/usb/gadgetfs.h:21: include of <linux/types.h> is preferred over <asm/types.h>
  CHECK   include/linux/wimax (1 files)
  CHECK   include/mtd (6 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/mtd/inftl-user.h:61: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
  CHECK   include/rdma (1 files)
  CHECK   include/sound (9 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/sound/hdsp.h:33: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
  CHECK   include/video (3 files)
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/video/sisfb.h:25: include of <linux/types.h> is preferred over <asm/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/video/sisfb.h:78: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
/home/jaswinder/jaswinder-git/linux-2.6-tip/usr/include/video/uvesafb.h:5: found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>

--
JSR

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html