Subject: Re: [PATCH 11/34]bnx2x: Endianness issues

From: Harvey Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:54:38 -0800

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 12:13 +0200, Eilon Greenstein wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 08:59 -0800, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 06:43:15PM +0200, Eilon Greenstein wrote:
> > > Adding missing le_to_cpu and disabling wrong HW endianity flag (the two complete
> > > each other)
> > 
> > Did you run sparse over the driver to verify you've sorted out all
> > endianess issues?
> > 
> No - those are errors with the FW/HW and not general issues. When
> running sparse with CF=-D__CHECK_ENDIAN__ I get "too many warnings"...
> So I cannot send the patch right now. I will definitely add it to my
> queue and I hope to sort it out soon.
> 
> Eilon

I'll take a look as well.  BTW, make sure you don't have the trace all
if statements tracer enabled in your config or you'll be drowned in
shadowed variable warnings and won't be able to see anything from your
driver.

Harvey