Subject: Re: why usr/include/linux/if_frad.h is required

From: Jaswinder Singh Rajput <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:18:55 +0530

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 20:53 +0100, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > The CONFIG_DLCI check in there is clearly in error, the definition in there
> > is a user interface. The obvious solution is to drop the #if / #endif pair
> > without a replacement.
> 
> I think so.
> OTOH I'd be really surprised if anyone on the planet still used this
> code/driver. IIRC and AFAICS it is (sdla.c coupled with dlci.c) the
> first driver for the old Sangoma ISA sync serial cards (S502 - S508,
> i.e. those based on Z80CPU doing HDLC and other things in firmware).
> 
> 

usr/include/linux/if_frad.h is covered with CONFIG_DLCI from many years
and no body is complaining about it so it means no body is using it.

So should we need to drop #if / #endif pair or the whole file from
userspace.

--
JSR