Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: variables reach -1, but 0 tested

From: Daniel Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:35:12 -0800

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 11:36 +0100, Roel Kluin wrote:

>  
> -	while (limit--) {
> +	while (--limit) {
>  		val = phy_read(phy, MII_BMCR);
>  		if (val >= 0 && (val & BMCR_RESET) == 0)
>  			break;

It looks like these are checked for <= to 0 , are these changes strictly
nessesary?

>  
>  	/* make sure EEPROM has finished loading before setting GPIO_CFG */
>  	timeout=1000;
> -	while ( timeout-- && (SMC_GET_E2P_CMD(lp) & E2P_CMD_EPC_BUSY_)) {
> +	while ( --timeout && (SMC_GET_E2P_CMD(lp) & E2P_CMD_EPC_BUSY_)) {
>  		udelay(10);

If your doing "timeOut" to "timeout" below may as well drop the space
above after the "(" ..

Daniel